Our church is affiliated with these organizations
St. Louis Theological Seminary (STLTS)
The purpose of St. Louis Theological Seminary and Bible College is to provide religious education and to train men and women for ministry service.
Grace Gospel Fellowship (GGF)
GGf exists to serve & help our churches & Pastors.
Children's Relief Mission (CRM)
(CRM) exists for the sake of children in need, in many places, under every circumstance.
Lost and Found
Lost and Found, INC. serves the nation in Christian ministry by providing prevention, intervention, and treatment resources to the individual, family, and youth.
Missouri Association for Creation (M.A.C.)
M.A.C. was founded in 1972 by two graduate students at the University of Missouri in Columbia. These students felt a need to establish a forum from which they could critically examine the scientific evidence as it pertains to the origin of the Cosmos in general and living organisms in particular.
We believe God is not the author of confusion, but of peace
(1 Corinthians 14:33
We believe God has established a Oneness that Christians should endeavor “to keep…in the bond of peace” (Ephesians 4:3 ).
"There is One Body, and One Spirit, even as you are called in the One Hope of your calling; One Lord, One Faith, One Baptism, One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all" (Ephesians 4:4-6 ).
We believe this is God’s doctrinal program for this age.
Desiring to be in full accord with the Mind of the Spirit, we hold the following beliefs:
The entire Bible, in its original writings, is verbally inspired of God and is our absolute authority (2 Timothy 3:16-17 ; 2 Peter 1:21
). As believers, we are instructed to study the Bible, rightly dividing God’s Word (2 Timothy 2:15
The Person of Christ
Jesus Christ was begotten by the Holy Spirit and born of the Virgin Mary and is true God and true man (Luke 1:35 ; Romans 1:3-4
Personality and Work of the Holy Spirit
All men, due to Adam’s disobedience, are in a fallen state. All men are dead in trespasses and sins and are, therefore, totally unable to do anything pleasing to God apart from Jesus Christ (Ephesians 2:1-3 ; 1Corinthians 15:21-22 ; Romans 8:7-8
God justifies ungodly sinners by His Grace, upon the basis of the shed blood of Jesus Christ, through the means of faith. This complete salvation is bestowed as the gift of God apart from man’s works (Romans 5:1 , Romans 5:9 ; Ephesians 2:8-9
In the present dispensation there is only one Church, which is called the Body of Christ. It is composed of all the saved of this dispensation (1 Corinthians 12:13 ; Ephesians 1:22-23
The only gifts necessary for the ministry of the Body of Christ are those enumerated in Ephesians 4:7-16
By reason of Christ’s victory over sin and of His indwelling Spirit, all of the saved may and should experience deliverance from the power of sin and should consider ourselves dead to sin (Romans 6:14 , Romans 12:1-2
). We recognize that sin is never eradicated during this life.
The communion of the Lord’s Supper, as revealed through the Apostle Paul in 1 Corinthians 11:20-26
, is for members of the Body of Christ to observe “until He comes.” There is no place in scripture where the Lord’s Supper and water baptism are linked together, either as ordinances or as sacraments for the Church.
All saved persons of God’s present program have been made members of the Body of Christ by one divine baptism. By that one baptism every member of the Body of Christ is identified with Christ in His death, burial, and resurrection. Based on the statement concerning the one baptism in Ephesians 4:5
, the statement concerning baptism in Colossians 2:12
, and Paul’s statement, “Christ sent me not to baptize but to preach the gospel” (1 Corinthians 1:17
), we affirm that water baptism has no place in God’s spiritual program for the Body of Christ in this day of grace.
God created the Heavens, the Earth, and everything in them. The six days of Genesis 1
are literal days, consisting of approximately twenty-four hours each as represented by evening and morning
(Genesis 1:31 ; Exodus 20:11
These six days of Genesis 1 occurred no more than ten thousand years ago.
It is the responsibility of all members of the Body of Christ to meet together regularly in their local assemblies for worship, fellowship, and Bible study (Hebrews 10:25
Our commission is to be ministers of the Word of Reconciliation; proclaim the Gospel of the Grace of God; and to enlighten all as to what is the dispensation of the Mystery; to follow the Apostle Paul in the revelation of the hidden truth that our Lord Jesus Christ, from glory, gave to him for us today ((Galatians 1:11-12( , 2:7; (Romans 11:13, 15:16)( .
History & Background
In early 1940 a group of bible believers met together with Rev. E. F. Rueweler for bible study in a failed bank building at 5323 Easton Avenue, which they rented on January 8, 1940.
On March 4, 1940 they chose the name St. Louis Bible Institute with plans to form a school for Bible training.
On May 9, 1940 Rev Eugene F. Rueweler was called to be the full time Pastor of the group and in October the group now beginning to take the form of a congregation changed its name to St. Louis Bible Fellowship.
December, 1940, the congregation moved to a store building at 5313 Easton Avenue.
June 5 - August 31, 1941, nightly tent meetings were held at 6143 Etzel Avenue with the Sunday services in the store building. Several special speakers were invited to preach at the tent meetings, one of whom was Rev. Percy B. Crawford, founder of Kings College and the Young Peoples Church of the Air.
Rev. Crawford encouraged Pastor Rueweler to start a radio ministry and that summer "Momentsof Meditation" was started on WTMV. Bible Fellowship has been on various radio stations continuously since that time and presently is on KSIV AM 1320 with the present name of "Message of Grace". On November 28, 1941, just 1 week before the attack on Pearl Harbor, St. Louis Bible Fellowship was incorporated under the laws of the State of Missouri.
April 5, 1942, Palm Sunday, the congregation held their first service in a small church building rented from The Reformed German Church at 3458 Minnesota. Sunday School and morning worship services were held here and the evening service was still held on Easton Avenue. Beginning on June 1, 1942 the store building was closed and all services were held at 3458 Minnesota.
By May 26, 1949 the congregation had saved $4,600.00 and work began by the men of the congregation on Saturdays and every night to build an addition to the back of the building which would effectively double the size of the sanctuary. On November 6, 1949 the new building was completed.
Rev. Rueweler continued as Pastor for over 50 years until his health failed. He went home to be with the Lord on July 16, 1993. The congregation had interim speakers each week until a new Pastor was called to serve for a brief time and then interim speakers were again used. March 11, 1994 saw the building at 3458 Minnesota sold and the congregation held Sunday morning worship services at The German Cultural Society at 3652 South Jefferson Avenue.
On October 12, 1997 the congregation called Rev. Richard Owsley to be the new Pastor.
April 5, 1998, the congregation again on Palm Sunday, held their first service at 6234 Victoria Avenue under a lease to purchase agreement with the United Church of Christ Conference. On November 2, 1999 the congregation purchased the property for a balance of $87,000.00 and on December 9, 2001 Mr. Gail Engel of the UCC Conference attended the morning worship and was given a check for the balance owed on the church building. Then there was the burning of the mortgage.
In December 2004 St. Louis Theological Seminary received their incorporation from the State of Missouri.
The spring of 2006 saw various renovations and classrooms added.